Budapest Calling: Rooftops & Other Places
We’re out on a field trip again (a.k.a. company outing). It feels good to get on the rails, this time full steam to Budapest. The plan is to see some of the projects up close and personal and celebrate a topping-out with our Hungarian colleagues from AVORIS Real Estate international. It’s a bluebird day, one of the first real days of spring—and everything is running like a dream!
The skinny on the schedule:
Get the last bits of work done on the train—walk from the station to the beautiful Budapest office—champagne reception and finger food—tour of the Villa Roses project—tour of the Ó Utca building site and refreshments at the temporary restaurant in the garden there—and then off to the Green Heart project, where the topping-out ceremony will be held on the rooftop in late sunlight.
Join us on our journey...
The Villa Roses refurbishment project is on the Buda side of the city amid the villa district, which is characterized by magnificent old manors and lush gardens. The banks of the Danube are only a 15-minute walk away.
Project Info and Status
- 5 spacious and light-filled apartments are being built, each with a private outdoor area. The in-house underground car park will have space for 7 cars.
- Renovation work and sales have recently started.
The name of the quiet street where our new building will be going up on a vacant lot means “old”—a charismatic contrast. The location is less than 2 minutes from the Budapest Opera and the famous Andrássy út boulevard.
Project Info & Status
- The finished building will have 17 apartments, a shop, and 8 underground parking spaces.
- While we are putting the construction schedule together (currently underway), the chic neighboring restaurant will use our vacant lot as an outdoor dining area, and this is where we enjoy some refreshment.
Our new building project Green Heart is located in the center of Budapest on a quiet one-way street, just a 10-minute walk from Westend, Heldenplatz, and Stadtpark. P.S.: Sziv means heart. So sweet!
Project Info & Status
- 22 apartments are being built, each around 60 m², along with 22 parking spaces in an in-house underground parking garage.
- The highest point of the building has been erected, which we celebrated with a topping-out party. The interior installations including HVAC, electrical, and screed are next on the agenda.
In the evening our group splits up. A few head home. Most stay on to enjoy a night out on the town in Budapest, a fancy dinner at the Kiosk, clubs, and then some sightseeing the next day. Szép volt! (Hungarian for: A good show!). And very interesting to boot!!!